Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Yonic . . . ever heard of it?

Last night, having just completed a new quilt block, I held it up to admire and immediately thought . . . oh, no.  Is my vase . . . is my flower . . . too . . . too . . . and then realized that there was no word in my vocabulary to finish the sentence.

Why is it that every adult is familiar with the word phallic, but, at fifty-two years old, I had to use Google to search out its female counterpart?

In any case, my daughter assures me that the quilt block is fine, with nothing noticeably yonic about it.  My daughter-in-law, on the other hand, said, "Oh, yes, I can definitely see that."

2 comments:

  1. Yonic is a new word to me! Even if it were a word I knew, it is not one I would associate with this quilt block. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete